About the Internet Society
The Internet Society (ISOC) is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position
The Planning & Reporting Coordinator helps ISOC tell its story of achievement (reporting) and prepare for what’s next (planning) in service of ISOC’s mission and strategy. This position plays a critical role in the coordination, delivery and improvement of activities related to organizational planning and reporting. In addition, this role will support the Strategy and Impact Measurement function (20% of the time). The position is based in the Internet Society’s Reston, Virginia office and reports to the Planning & Reporting Director.
Ideal location Reston, Virginia but open to other locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure full support and service alignment from the Planning Team to projects and objectives in service of ISOC’s mission
- Assist with delivery of the annual Action Plan by supporting processes related to:
- Staff Project Proposals
- Community Consultation
- Staff Feedback
- Action Plan document
- Ensure consistent, accurate, and timely organizational reporting by coordinating the delivery of:
- Internal Quarterly Update Reports
- Internal Quarterly Update & Learning calls
- Project Updates for external audiences (2 times per year)
- Board Updates (three times per year)
- 2020 Year-end Achievement Summary
- Articulate processes, timelines, and milestones in a consistent and clear manner
- Update and maintain integrated schedule of messaging to staff (and community, where applicable)
- Draft and proofread messages to staff and community as directed
- Coordinate staff calls with clear agenda and expectation setting
- Update planning and reporting templates / tools
- Consolidate, organize and synthesize large amounts of information
- Conduct basic analysis of survey results and verify data quality
- Support delivery of updates and learning calls
- Other responsibilities, as agreed with the Director of Planning & Reporting
- Provide support to the Strategy and Impact Measurement function by:
- Analyzing and distilling research or survey input
- Creating materials to support communication on strategy and impact processes and outputs
- Assisting with other priorities, as agreed with the Head of Strategy and Impact Measurement
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience related to business planning, reporting or process
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or project management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience with survey development and analysis
- Produce quality materials with attention to detail
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills with the ability to learn new platforms
- Experience with Zoom, Box, Slack, Smartsheet, Lucid Charts, Survey Monkey experience a plus
- Multilingualism a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple projects
- Capacity to work effectively as part a globally distributed team
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives
- Ability to travel when needed.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Information about the Internet Society and its activities may be found at https://www.internetsociety.org/.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.