About the Internet Society Foundation:
The Internet Society (ISOC) supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. The Internet Society Foundation is a newly formed, non-profit organization that works in concert with the Internet Society. It exists to demonstrate and support the positive difference the Internet can make to people everywhere and promote the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
The work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work; advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet.
About the position:
The Grant Specialist is a self-motivated, well-organized individual with a keen attention to detail along with a strong customer service-oriented skill set to provide all administrative support for the Foundation’s Beyond the Net funding program; from acceptance of applications through grants awards, evaluation and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Program Officer and the Beyond the Net team, prepare and process all communications relating to the Grants program including deadlines, internal and external evaluation, requests for information
- Conduct initial review of all grant applications to assure that they are complete and that all required information is included and properly addressed.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the applicants to support successful applications
- Coordinate and manage the internal review process
- Coordinate the external review process, including supporting the management of the Selection Committee, assigning applications to the appropriate reviews, ensuring reviews are submitted on time and summarizing reviews for grantees.
- Manage grantee correspondence via the Foundation’s grants management system
- Field and refer as necessary all follow-up questions from potential grantees, awardees, and unsuccessful applicants.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all applications and grants, including updating supporting documents as necessary
- Support the Communications Manager in telling grant programme stories of outcomes, success, and lessons learned
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to ensure that impact is measured across the portfolio
- Coordinate with the relevant Internet Society Chapter Engagement Officers and Project Leads
- Ensure grantee reporting is submitted per schedule and payments issued as needed
- Hold regular check-in calls with grantees to ensure the timely and proper implementation of the grants
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1-2 years of related customer-oriented experienced, preferably working in a grant-making organization.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a remote, fast-paced multi-cultural environment and interact quickly and skillfully with different internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize many projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of either Spanish or French required.
- Ability to be flexible and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver presentations in a professional manner.
- Highly computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office; knowledge of grants management systems (such as Fluxx) preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
- Commitment to the Internet Society Foundation’s organizational mission, vision and values.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Information about the Internet Society Foundation and its activities may be found at https://www.internetsociety.org/foundation/.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.