About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologists, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission.
About the Position
The Senior Sales Manager, Organization Membership will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for growing organizational membership for the Internet Society and serve as an account manager to organizational members.
This position requires a senior-level professional that has extensive (online) marketing experience, and proven track record in B2B sales/ customer acquisition. The successful candidate must be well organized, and a self-starter that can work independently.
The Senior Sales Manager, Organization Membership requires both online and offline B2B sales capabilities and will work with the Senior Director, Organization Members to:
- Further develop and implement a membership marketing and recruitment strategy that results in companies and nonprofits becoming members of the Internet Society.
- Generate leads at scale and converting them into members.
- Build and expand marketing channels.
- Develop online campaigns and sales activities.
- Conduct market research.
- Analyze data for decision-making and continuing value creation.
Location: Position is open to Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Director, Organization Members to develop and implement a marketing and recruitment strategy to increase organizational membership from companies and organizations.
- Lead membership recruitment including: identifying and contacting prospective members, developing marketing channels and campaigns, scaling and automating successful funnels, optimizing conversion rates, and presenting the membership value proposition to bring new members onboard
- Identify additional value-added opportunities, linking the Internet Society's revenue generation initiatives with organizational member programs that are aligned with the Internet Society's mission.
- Observe market trends, organization member insights and sales data to develop sales and retention forecasts and reports.
- Manage organization member accounts: broadening, maintaining and supporting relationships with current members.
- Support and seek to improve existing member benefits in order to add value to membership.
- Represent the Internet Society in relevant meetings and forums to advance membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in relevant positions in the Internet/Tech or Internet/Tech-related Nonprofit industries.
- Familiarity working with international organizations, global membership organizations or companies is a strong plus.
- Proven experience in B2B sales, lead- and demand generation both online and offline.
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to make a value-based case for membership and securing commitment.
- Strong knowledge of B2B marketing strategies and tools.
- Clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics, and statistics.
- Solid knowledge of CRO principles and Growth hacks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; experience with preparing and delivering presentations; ability to travel; and able to handle and prioritize many projects at the same time.
- Must have the ability to quickly gain trust among a broad variety of individuals and build enduring relationships across a vibrant global community.
- Strong ability to work across ISOC teams is fundamental.
- Active professional network within Internet/Tech Industry a considerable asset.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French or Spanish will be considered a plus.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent.
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.