About the Internet Society Foundation
The Internet Society (ISOC) supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work; advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet.
The Internet Society Foundation is a newly formed, non-profit organization that works in concert with the Internet Society. It exists to demonstrate and support the positive difference the Internet can make to people everywhere and promote the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
About the position
The Programme Administration Coordinator will work in service of the Internet Society Foundation’s (Foundation) mission and will demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, impactful work. The Foundation is a small team of passionate, collaborative, and driven staff that depend on each other to move our mission forward; this is especially true of this critical position.
The Programme Administration Coordinator will be required to work independently, work under pressure at times, handle multiple priorities and activities, and handle confidential matters with discretion and balance. They will be the administrative backbone to the organization by providing direct support to all internal areas of the Foundation as well as external stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity for a non-profit professional seeking exposure to all areas of an international philanthropic organization still in its start-up phase.
The Programme Administration Coordinator will be a well-organized, flexible individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, globally diverse setting and is comfortable working in a start-up environment. A solid history of collaboration within and among teams is a must, as well as demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Administration Coordinator is a critical member of the Foundation team and the driving force behind the day to day functions directly impacting the success of the Foundation. He/she will work closely with the Programme Officer for the Research, RARE and BOLT programmes and:
Programme Support (80%)
- Support the Foundation’s effort to monitor and evaluate the grantees’ impacts in these programme areas
- Manage potential applicants’ access to the grants management system, conducting organizational research as needed
- Provide an initial review of several programmes’ grant applications to assure completeness
- Develop and manage working relationships with grantees of several programmes by responding to incoming requests and conduct regular check-ins with grantees as assigned
- Generate internal reports to assist strategic decision-making and the overall development of a robust grantee Research, RARE and BOLT portfolios
- Support the preparation of story development, sharing grantee activities and impacts, and preparing reports on the Foundation’s activities and impacts to internal and external audiences
- Assist the Foundation’s communications efforts by proofreading communications copy (for press releases, website content, etc.), maintaining and updating media contacts, and conducting communications research and fact-checking specifically on the Research, RARE and BOLT programmes
Administrative Support (20%)
- Develop an awareness of team requirements and challenges, and use initiative to help anticipate and resolve issues and/or provide solutions as required
- Support communication preparations for events, coordinating the development of collateral and talking points for both the Programme Officer and Executive Director (ED)
- Schedule team meetings when required and facilitate team retreat planning, ensuring materials are distributed beforehand. Follow up on completion of team action items
- Support the ED in preparing communications to the Board of Trustees and ensure pre- and post-meeting materials are prepared and distributed as required
- Support recruiting efforts by scheduling interviews and managing all applicant communications including responding to applicant queries
- Manage vendor relationships and invoicing
- Manage an extremely active appointment calendar for the ED, keeping her well-informed of upcoming commitments and preparatory requirements
- When travel resumes again, manage all ED travel including reservations and expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 + years of experience supporting senior level staff within a global organization
- Commitment to the Internet Society Foundation’s organizational mission, vision and values
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with geographically diverse individuals and organizations and across time zonesKnowledge of the non-profit industry with a desire to contribute towards communications, programme, and impact measurement efforts
- Knowledge of other funders and leading philanthropic organizations in the Internet and tech space
- Strong organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple, constantly changing tasks concurrently with an excellent attention to detail
- Creative and innovative with some basic graphic design, coding, or other IT skills
- Familiarity with conducting online research and condensing large amounts of information for varying audiences
- Knowledge of and a high comfort level in working in a relational database. Experience using a funder’s grants management system is a plus
- Familiarity with Apple devices, particularly laptops using MacOS, and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Solid knowledge of scheduling both domestic and international travel
- Excellent calendar management skills, including experience with coordination of complex meetings in multiple time zones
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Additional languages such as Spanish or French are a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.