About the Internet Society & Internet Society Foundation
The Internet Society (ISOC) supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work; advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet.\
The Internet Society Foundation is a newly formed, non-profit organization that works in concert with the Internet Society. It exists to demonstrate and support the positive difference the Internet can make to people everywhere and promote the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society. Learn more at https://www.internetsociety.org/foundation/.
Summary of the Position
The Foundation Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and technical and coordination support to the Grants Management Team. He/she will provide direct service to internal and external stakeholders and will support the grants management operations, procedures, and systems.
The successful candidate will work in service of the Internet Society Foundation (Foundation) mission and will demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, impactful work. The Coordinator will be required to work independently, work under pressure at times, handle multiple priorities and activities, and handle confidential matters with discretion and balance.
He/she will be a well-organized, flexible individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, globally diverse setting and is comfortable working in a start-up environment. A solid history of collaboration within and among teams is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Foundation Coordinator will confidently advance two streams of work, serving as a critical member of the Foundation team and a resource for the day to day functions that directly impact the success of the Foundation.
Stream One: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
- Manage an extremely active appointment calendar for the Executive Director (ED) and keep the ED well informed of upcoming time commitments and preparatory requirements
- Manage all ED travel and related activities including reservations and expense reports
- Ensure pre- and post-meeting materials are prepared and distributed as required. This includes helping to prepare both internal and external reports on the activities and impact of the Foundation
- Support ED in preparing communications to the Board of Directors, Independent Review Panel, Selection Committee, Internet Society Chapters and Staff
- Develop an awareness of team requirements and challenges and use initiative to help anticipate and resolve issues and/or provide solutions as required
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Stream Two: Technical and Coordination Support for Grants Management Team
- Provide administrative and coordination support to internal and external stakeholders during the grant application, review and award process
- Assist in grantee due diligence checks to verify nonprofit status and conduct organizational research as needed
- Ensure data integrity, correcting existing or adding in new data in the Grants Management System (GMS)
- Help to triage functionality or data technical support requests related to the GMS and serve as the primary “helpdesk” contact
- Communicate as needed to GMS stakeholders to ensure responsiveness on a variety of issues
- Support informed grant decision-making by providing the Independent Review Panel and Selection Committees with necessary support within and outside the GMS
- Support the Communications Manager in sharing grantee activity to internal and external stakeholders in a compelling and thoughtful manner
- Update documentation and training materials. Any changes made to the system should be reflected in the documentation for the GMS
- Support the Foundation’s monitoring and evaluation efforts in close collaboration with program staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Grants Management Team
- 4 + years of experience supporting senior level staff within a global organization
- Knowledge and a high comfort level of working in a Grants Management System, CRM, AMS or other relational contact databases
- Capacity and willingness to learn the Foundation’s funding priorities, processes and procedures, and methods to assess progress and outcomes
- Capacity to understand the perspective of applicants, as well as the grantees’ operational environment
- Familiarity with the characteristics of a quality application
- Solid knowledge of scheduling both domestic and international travel
- Excellent calendar management skills, including experience with coordination of complex meetings in multiple time zones
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Apple devices, particularly laptops using MacOS
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment with geographically diverse individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple, constantly changing tasks concurrently with an excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English is required. Additional languages such as Spanish or French will be considered a plus
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Commitment to the Internet Society Foundation’s organizational mission, vision and values
- Some international travel may be required.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.